Thursday, September 29, 2011


It is a beautiful Autumn day here. Cool, a little breezy but incredibly comfortable. I have missed Autumn so much. The last thirteen years have either been spent in the New Mexico desert or on the tropical island of Okinawa. No real Autumn season to speak of in either place. Though I liked the rain in Okinawa - except when it interfered with hanging the laundry. Anyway - I am very thankful to be living in a place with all four seasons again. I grew up in Massachusetts and there it was just the way it always was - everything was very distinct. I'm looking forward to snow, but not to the Wyoming cold and especially not to the wind! I'm looking forward to seeing the dogs in the snow. Dylan we adopted in New Mexico as a puppy and she's not seen any real accumulation. We got Kuma here in Wyoming back in April - but she came from a terrible situation and I doubt she ever had a chance to play in the snow. It should be fun to watch them explore!

Yesterday I got a semi-diagnosis on some pain I've been having. Sciatica. I say semi- because it's more a symptom name than a diagnosis. But I'm on a course of steriods as well as painkillers and muscle relaxers and I start physical therapy next week. On the 14th I see my PCM to discuss getting an MRI of my back. I am not ashamed to tell you that MRIs are a fear of mine. I feel buried alive in there. When I got my last one in New Mexico they gave me these special glasses so I could see out and down to my feet. And an anti-anxiety med. And music. Seriously, I hate those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment